Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Night Lights . . .



Tonight's the night.....the mighty Vikings of Forest Grove will host the Techmen of Benson. The first home football game of the season. Football brings out the biggest crowd in town. No matter what Title Nine has brought to the table, football and only football draws the largest numbers of community members in support. This begins the first of many games and dances for the freshmen..I think back to 1972 (oh so long ago) when I began watching Viking jersey number 61 on the field. He didn't play much, kickoff team, special teams, but it didn't matter to me. HE WAS CUTE! Especially in his football jersey on game day. When I think back to high school, hanging out at the football games (then held at McCready field at Pacific University), they were probably some of the best times I had. Usually a group of us girls hung out at the games, sometimes getting into some trouble (aahhh...remember Peg). So give it up for the Vikings tonight! and the good times and great memories that kids don't even know they will have yet! Oh by the way.....#61 has been my hubby for 31 years now....GO VIKS!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I remember Monte, Peg

Anonymous said...

Probably better off with the inexpensive high school football...than spending all your dough on the Beavs.

Go Ducks.