Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kinda short isn't it? . . .

Every 6-8 weeks I make my trek to the hairdresser. I have been going to the same gal for over 15 years. My appointments are pretty routine, wash, color, trim ends, trim bangs. Probably during the last 10 years I have said those scary words, "Cut it short, it's time" maybe a half dozen times. So I leave it up to Leia to trim away and I am always happy with what she does. Well, except one time, when I was in one of my spirited moods (many years ago) and said, "Hey, how about a perm?". She did it, I left the shop it looked nice. Went to Seaside the next day a Saturday, walked in the misty rain and wind, called her on Sunday practically in tears saying, "I look like Orphan Annie!!, my hair won't lay down no matter what or how much product I put on it, help! you have to do something". So she kindly took me in as her first appointment on Monday morning, put some straightener in it and life was good again. ha. I have basically worn the same hairstyle since . . sadly to say. . elementary school. Just your basic long hair. I sometimes get it cut short but it always ends up back to my regular old school hairstyle. When I would come home with a new do that was short some comments I would hear would be: "Geezzz, you sure got your hair chopped", "You look like a boy", "Did you get it short enough?", "Why did you do that?" or I would just get "the Look" you know the one, where they know if they say anything it will not be good. So I was not surprised when I had my appointment this Friday and I told Leia "trim it above my shoulders", she said, "oh, OK? you sure?" "Yep, it's time". I entered the house with hubby packing for his trip to Chicago, he initially gives me "the Look", then he says (as predicted) "kinda short isn't it?" and I respond "Not as short as it could have been" . .then he says, "Well, it looks nice". I love my hubby after 32 years he's gotten it right.

No comments: