Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sweaters, pumpkin latte's, and football . .


Fall is here. It made a statement this Monday by coming into town with 60 degree temperatures and a light rain in the morning. After a summer full of lots of warm & sunny weather, fall has definately arrived. This season of the year is my favorite, as much as I love summer, fall is the best. The amazing smell in the air after the rain has arrived, the changing colors of the leaves (not the raking of them, I don't like that part), wearing sweaters and sweatshirts, going to football games, shopping at fall holiday bazaars and having a fire in the fireplace again, it's great! There is one thing that I definately don't like about this time of year and that's the flu, cold and cough season that seems to start as soon as the weather changes. I'm an example of that today as I stayed home from work feeling lousy with runny nose, plugged up ears, headache, in general just feeling yuck. Browsing the Fred Meyer aisle today to look at getting some cold medicine was extremely intimidating. Do I want cold/flu medicine? Or only cough medicine, or cold/cough medicine, or only sore throat medicine, or sinus headache/cold medicine? Do I want preventative medicine like Airbourne? Do I need Daytime medicine or Nighttime medicine?? I could be spending a fortune here . sooo many brands, sooo many symptoms, oh brother, why does it have to be so difficult? What if none of my symptoms are a combination of what they are selling?, My headache is getting worse just thinking about it (so I know I need headache medicine). Enough about that, now back to happy thoughts of pumpkin latte's and cute kids at Halloween, that's what this time of year is about! right?

No comments: