Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThis week it began......the tradition that happens this week in every high school in Oregon...fall sports daily doubles. Even though we inform kids and parents that we are in the office all summer so they can turn in forms early, Even though we now have all of our athletic packets online so they can be printed in the convenience of their own home, Even though coaches remind them all during summer camps to get their forms turned in early to avoid the last minute rush ..it still happens....Monday I had ...ooohhhhhhh..I'd say a line of student athletes no less than 35 at any given time from 6:30am to about 4:00pm to turn in their paperwork for either football, volleyball, boys soccer, girls soccer, cross country, waterpolo, cheer and danceteam. Each with their participation forms in their sweaty little hands, 30% of them will have a missing signature someplace on one of their forms, that will send them into a tizzy when I have to tell them ..."You have to have your parent sign this before you can practice today"..."WHAT Mrs. C..that's no good, my Mom/Dad just dropped me off!"...."Sorry...no can do"......"FINE!!!" stomp off....huffhuff...come back after calling parent on cell phone...more huffhuff...."They will be right back"...parent comes in grabs forms...signs...makes huffhuff noise (just like son/daughter).....NICE...I love my job :)...have a good day, it's all about the kids :) ..... I hear it daily...kids blame parent...parent blames kid... I just smile and say..."Thanks for coming back to sign...now they can practice"....after processing nearly 400 kids in 2 days with a huge stack of paperwork on my desk to check grades, transfers, homeschoolers, class loads, I can finally say......Have a great season kids and GO VIKS!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it was all about the kids, you wouldn't worry about filling out the forms. C'mon...admit it...its all about the lawyers!