Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fire and Ice . . . . .

What's with men and fire???

We arrived at Lake Billy Chinook on Saturday to temperatures in the upper 40's. So we immediately unpacked and started a fire inside the cabin, trying to warm up the place so we could at least remove a layer or two of coats & sweatshirts we were wearing. The fire starts burning really good and I grab my Enquirer magazine (traditional reading when I go to the cabin) and curl up in front of the fire, I begin to read about how the Olsen twins are not getting along and may have to split their billion $$ business....oh worries me!! Hubby starts messing around outside like he always does when we are there and before too long he say's, "HEY, come look what I made!"...OK...so I bundle up go back outside...and there it is..

A fire taller than him! He loves building fires but we can never have one in the summer because it's way too dry. Right now it's very wet there, even snow on the ground in some places, so he was in 7th heaven burning cut tree limbs, odd's and ends, garbage like old Enquirer magazines..haaha..and whatever he could find to burn. In a man's eye the bigger the fire the better. Of course I am freaking out, saying girl stuff like, "It's too big! a spark could catch a tree on fire! we don't have the pump going!" everything that is responsible to be said I said it.....and he had the fire anyway. hummppfff...Well, there is nothing laying around now that needed to get burned that didn't get burned, so I guess that's a good thing.

On our way home we made the scheduled potty break at Government Camp. This little guy was on the side of the hill greeting the ladies as they entered the restroom.

No comments: