Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I know it's bad . . but it's good.



It begins in April, the sense that I need some color, some UV rays! That I am deficient in Vitamin D big time and I need some sun! I excuse it by saying, "If I get a base tan now, I won't burn in the summer". Well, it's true. If I don't "fake" tan then the first nice weekend I am out in the sun, I burn, it sucks. There happens to be a new tanning salon that has opened in town on Main Street. A very chic, boutique selling jewelry and clothing as well. The young lady that owns it is really a sweet heart. So hey, I am doing my part to help her out and the downtown economy of the Grove. When you enter the room where the tanning bed is there is soft music playing, candles burning, a piece of chocolate sits on a crystal dish sitting on the tanning bed, a warmed towel waits your exit from the bed. Now hey!! Does it get any fancier than that??
It is truly a frivolous luxury to lay in a tanning bed every other day for about a month. That's about how long it takes me to build my color (ha..sounding like a tanning professional). To lay there and feel the warmth in my bones, and to dream I am in a tropical place, smelling the coconut tanning lotion, well, it's the next best thing to being there. I hear it from the men of the family, "You are gonna get skin cancer!, just drink more milk if you need Vitamin D or B or whatever it is". I know they mean well, but I'm cautious and I'm stubborn, so tanning goes on. I think tomorrow I will drift off to Costa Rica ..mmmm.

No comments: