Thursday, June 19, 2008

Is there a pill for that? . . .

I have begun packing. What I refer to as the worst part of a trip. Trying to decide what to bring, what not to bring, how many shoes, sandals, long sleeve shirts, short sleeve shirts, pants, shorts, skirts, sundresses, it's just mind boggling. I'm sure if we were frequent fliers we would have this all down by now, but we aren't and we don't. Then there is my "high maintenance kit" products that I HAVE to have of course if I am to look human on vacation . . bottles of shampoo (my brand), conditioner (my brand), hairspray (non aerosol, I know that much), suntan lotions, sunburn lotions, curling iron, flat iron, makeup, it's bad . . but I never claimed to be a "low" maintenance gal. Geezzzz..how come Dale can fit all his products into a little ditty bag, mine are in a small/ok...medium suitcase. Hope it gets through security and doesn't weigh over 50lbs or I'm screwed. As well as having an obsession with bringing our entire bathroom along . . there is another small problem. My other phobia is having wrinkled clothes. I iron everything, yes even my jeans, I know, you say but it's vacation dress casual, don't worry about it. Sorry, but I do, wrinkled clothes are my enemy. As well as packing clothes I have to iron them before I pack them..I know..I know..it's weird but I will stress if I don't, I can't pack clothes that aren't ironed!! Even though I know when we get to our destination and I unpack them most are going to be wrinkled. All I can hope for is that the Margarita's awaiting me are strong enough that it will not bother me, at least too much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makeup lipstick,eyebrow pencil and mascara is all that is needed. You will get a lovely glow from the sun and it will be to hot for foundation of any kind. Take deoderant but, shampoo conditioner use the hotels or go to the store when you get there. Sunblock a must use it to moisturize after sun also, too much sun no need for burn cream.
How long will you be gone? Most places have laundry service use it! You will be at the beach or by the pool take a couple swim suits, a couple sundresses, clothes for exploring what are you comfortable wearing?( For me a dress is great in the city, in the jungle shorts and t-shirt or strappy top. Shoes a pair of sandals to wear for dinner, a pair of flipflops for around the pool and a pair of comfortable shoes for exploring. I too pack, too much, but this year i won't, last year I did pretty good, finally have it whittled down. I also packed dresses that I could clean in the sink and hang dry overnight in the bathroom this was great! PJ's I take two so I have one when the other is being cleaned. As you are not sharing a room with a child who needs PJ's? Nude is best anyway nothing to confine and restrict your body! Hotels always have irons and blow dryers no need to take them with you. You are on vacation it is time to relax and let go of all that stress and masks you have to wear the rest of the year at work! HAVE FUN!