Sunday, June 8, 2008

Us Culture ? . . .


I was reading the Oregonian this morning and noticed that the broadway stage production of "The Phantom of the Opera" is coming to Portland this summer. I've always really enjoyed the story and just happened to mention the ad to hubby as I was reading the paper. "Well, why don't we go?" he say's . . "WHAT? you want to go to a broadway play?" "No, not just any play, but yeah, I would go to that one". .I don't believe it . . . "Really?, are you sure?, you know there is going to be lots of singing, like Opera singing" "Yeah, I like the story too, I think it would be one I'd like to see.". . . Well, shock and awe, just when I think I know him..he stumps me with this?? I never would have thought HE would suggest going. . .So, before I can even finish reading the rest of the paper I login to Ticketmaster . . find the dates & times that would work for us . . and purchase the tickets . . . just in case for some reason he changes his mind. Now, it's a date . . .Dinner and the Theeeeaatrrrrrr. Oh my . . . perhaps we should get a limo and make a grand entrance . . bahaaa!! OR just pull the VW up front and plug the meter full of quarters . . that sounds like a plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...give the men a break now and then. I like going to the Nutcracker too. But, it really irks me that they don't sell peanuts and beer to eat while watching.