Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back to McDonalds I guess . . .

Sitting at the dining room table last night I am catching up on balancing my checkbook. I am writing in some gas slips, a slip for a dinner we had at Newport Bay over the weekend, then I begin to write down my grocery receipt amount from Fred Meyer this weekend. It's a big long receipt like they usually give you that has coupons attached. Normally I just write down the dollar amount in my checkbook, then quickly browse the coupons which are usually for things like diapers, or different things I just never buy at the store. As I was looking at them quickly before getting ready to toss, I noticed something at the bottom in bold print, "IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE" . . ??? What?? I read on, "Valued customer: You recently purchased the product listed below which has now been recalled. You may return the product for a full refund at any of our stores or you may contact the company at blahblah number. This product may be contaminated with SALMONELLA and if eaten, could result in severe illness to those individuals who may consume this product. DO NOT CONSUME."

The item noted on my receipt is the Special K Protein Honey Almond Meal Bars and YES I did purchase them (as big brother who is watching at Fred Meyer must already know) and YES when I look into my file cabinet next to my desk at work (where I keep them to munch on at break), I have already consumed half of the box!!!!!!!!!! holy SH#T!!! But there is nothing about peanut butter anywhere on the ingredients!! I immediately email my husband and tell him about my find and if I unexpectedly keel over in the next couple days, it's the damn Special K bars. Here I am trying to be a good little dieter, follow the rules, drink my Slim Fast and eat my granola bars and THIS is the thanks I get. I also felt the need to warn my boss about my possible demise on the job, which could occur at any moment while I am sitting at my desk. He laughed and said, "See, this just shows people shouldn't give up deep fried foods, the high heat kills all of those bugs". Oh now he tells me. I am warned by hubby to watch my behavior in the next few days (very funny), and my bowel movements! Oh my gawd! This is stress I really didn't need in my life . . . . and now for my last will and testament . . .

No comments: