Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brayden and Grama's Excellent Adventure . . .


Since Momma Dani was out of town visiting friends and Daddy Josh wanted to spend some time working on his new fence, Grama drove over to the house to babysit Brayden for awhile. Josh took the truck to get some boards at his new favorite store "Lowes" and I loaded up Brayden in the stroller for our big adventure. Diaper bag, Cheerios, sippy cup and off we went. The weather was beautiful on Sunday, a balmy 70 degrees! We go down the driveway, onto the sidewalk, up and down roads of gravel and pavement. I forgot how awkward strollers can be in gravel! and how heavy little ones are to push after awhile. We talk, or I talk he jabbers and giggles. We watch kids playing in their yards, dogs barking at us, many Dads with lawnmowers roaring up and down the yard, as we continue on our journey. Our ultimate destination is "downtown" Lafayette to their collection of Antique stores, of course! We enter the first store after I drop a few Cheerios in the little tray on the stroller, so Brayden will be occupied as Grama browses. Now have you ever maneuvered a stroller through the narrow aisles of an Antique store before? Well, I should get an award for not bumping anything off of the shelves. We shopped, I would show Brayden things and he would either just stare at me and smile or jabber, which I could clearly understand as "Grama, I think you should buy that". He was such a good boy, just stared at everything around him. I showed him lots of things that I thought he would like, an old Popeye lunch box & thermos, baseball mitt & ball, an Elmo that was dressed like Elvis, wooden alphabet blocks, old Fisher Price farm with animals, Hot Wheels and lots of other cool things. He will definitely want to go back there again, he enjoyed it ;). We needed a diaper change so on the grass of the historic Lafayette Schoolhouse Antique building, he laid on a blanket and got his diaper changed, then we had some lunch (tasty sweet potatoes). Couldn't get into the school house to look at antiques though, it's not stroller friendly (too bad for them, they lost a customer). Then we headed back to the house where daddy was pounding nails into the fence. We went into the house, played, and then Grama needed a nap. It was a really good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watch children 4 days a week now. Two days are with twins. I tell you by 3:00 I am so tired. L, peg