Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bug Show . . .


We own a 72 VW Super Beetle...

We have owned a bug for 28 years. We bought our first one when I was pregnant with my oldest son Chad. During that time we have bought and sold 2 different bugs. All of our son's have driven our bugs through high school, college, etc. Now it's back with us again. I love my bug, it's sooo fun to drive, sunroof open, blaring stereo (when it's working). It is a work in process though...the boys started working on it, installing new upholstery, paint, headliner, carpet, but could not afford to finish them on their teenage salaries. So I have made it our goal (my husband is reeeeal happy about "our" goal) that our bug will be restored ooohhhhh...before we retire... I informed my husband we are going on a road trip in the bug when it's finished, maybe to LA or someplace where hippies hangout where ever that is these days??....

I guess it must be the VW fever that has continued through our bloodline. Chad has purchased a cool VW camper bus, which has already won him a couple of awards at VW show's in the Phoenix area...must have been something I ate when I was pregnant!!

This weekend there is a Bug Show and Swap meet in Woodburn, it's a fun place to hang out with other VW crazy people like us (me). They have all kinds of cool bugs, busses, vans, convertibles, etc. There are drag races (yes, VW's can drag!), and lots of parts, parts and more parts. So we are hoping to pick up some things to move our retirement road trip a little closer... beep, beep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the hippies hang out in Hawaii to, and I quote, 'commune with the fish' at the beaches here. I don't think you could drive here...might be fun to try though!

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy...you husband had the baddest-ass Malibu SS ever...and you drive Bugs. What a step down.