Monday, November 24, 2008

The biggest food fest of the year . . .

Yes, this week brings people together to be thankful for good health, happiness, jobs, friends, family and of course fabulous food! My sights are looking beyond the Thursday feast though and to the Saturday menu, but not necessarily by choice. I log onto my computer at work today and in less than a few hours, it begins from our tailgate buddy Dennis "Attn: Beaver Nation (that's our nickname) below is the start of our menu for the Civil War game on Saturday, feel free to add your name and contribution to the list." Oh my gosh, I don't even have Thanksgiving day figured out yet and we are working on our Civil War menu! . . . That's ok, because whatever we have it will be GREAT like always. So it looks like the featured item on the menu this week will be "BBQ'd pulled pork sandwiches" . . . mmmm . . with sides of cole slaw, blue cheese deviled eggs, chipotle deviled eggs, chips/dips, baked beans, macaroni salad, peanut butter fudge. . . oh my . . I feel my muffin top waistline expanding to souffle size. I was asked to bring my sweet and sour meatballs as our other meat maindish (since you know we can never have too much food), I have made them before and they usually get devoured. I'm sharing my recipe so you too can be the meatball supplier for an upcoming party! Of course I do have to double or triple the recipe depending on the crowd size. Here is the basic recipe:

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

2lbs. hamburger
3/4 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. parsley
1/3 c. catsup
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 t. garlic powder
2T minced onion
2T soy sauce
2 eggs

Form into small meatballs and place in pan. (Don't cheat and get the Costco precooked meatballs it just won't taste the same)

Sauce: In a saucepan over mediumheat, blend until smooth

1 jar chili sauce
1c jellied cranberry sauce
2T brown sugar
1t. lemon juice

Pour sauce over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!


GO BEAVS . . BEAT THE DUCKS!!

No comments: