Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cheers, it's finally over . . .

Martini Pictures, Images and PhotosOK. . . so now the election is over! Democrats should feel all good about themselves having gotten their president, senate and house that they all wanted. I listened to Obamas acceptance speech and felt all warm and fuzzy about what he had to say, I don't doubt that he is not a great speaker, he is an eloquent speaker, now the truth is in the actions to follow. I want to believe he can motivate more people young and old to become involved in this country through VOLUNTEERISM and COMMUNITY SERVICE not more federal government programs and positions. Something that did really irk me was the camera's continuous scanning through the crowd with repeated closeups of Oprah Winfrey upfront and center with tears running down her cheeks. I enjoy watching her show once in awhile but, oh please stop. She will be able to afford any taxes that will be increased under this new presidency, so maybe that was why she was crying thinking about not being part of the "middle class" he plans on saving . ha, but I doubt it. I wish Obama well in his new job, I really do, I hope his inexperience will not get in the way but be a fresh breathe of air into our government. I never really cared if he was Black, Latino, Asian or whatever, it is all about whether he is ready and my disagreements with him on specific issues. The news media was absolutely ridiculous last night treating this like the second coming of Christ, well over the next four years, we shall see. I will say "ALLELUIA!! for no more political ads! and I think that also deserves and AMEN! too, it's finally over!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yer finally coming around.

"Government is not the solutions to our problems...Government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan

Change is coming to America...and the first place you will see it is in your paycheck. But then, it will be no different than the spend, spend, spend habits of Dubya. I don't mind paying to kill terrorists, in fact that is an investment worth paying for...but buying out banking execs who drove their businesses into the ground...m'eh...no.

I'm optimistic...It will be fun being the opposition (It'll be 1992 all over again!). It will be interesting having conversations about the reduction of government through the staunch defense of our borders.