Monday, November 17, 2008

Stop it with the coupons already! . .


What is with this time of year and coupons? it's crazy. Macy's, Chicos, Eddie Bauer, Lowes, JoAnns Fabrics, Fred Meyer, Kohls, JC Penneys and Coldwater Creek. Now that I have grandkids Carters, OshKosh and Gymboree send me coupons since I bought something there maybe once or twice. Here is my big problem though, I CAN'T throw them away!! So I keep sticking them in my purse in a little side pocket until it is bulging because "I might go to that store and I might use that coupon". These retailers are giving me the coupon guilt trip. I just can't throw them away, isn't that like throwing money away?? I don't know how it happened but they have me hooked and I don't like it, not one bit. Now every Sunday evening I plop my purse on my lap and pull out ALL of the coupons in my little side pocket that is overflowing and review expiration dates, put new ones in that have arrived during the week, sort them by store, value and AAARRGGHHHH!!! I never wanted to be one of those obsessed coupon people but look what's happened to me. I can honestly say that probably out of all the coupons I have put away the past few months I have only actually used ooohhhh maybe 6 of them!! What's a coupon saver to do?? Hey, anybody need a coupon????

No comments: