Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Here is another find . . .

Tomato Juice. My Mom would drink it occasionally when we were growing up, I tried it and thought it was gross. She made the suggestion that I might like V8 instead of regular tomato juice, I tried it and found it even grosser than tomato juice. I wasn't a huge fan of vegetables but I tolerated them growing up, but to drink the juice of them . . . eeewwww, no thank you. Shortly after I started dating my husband his Mom was a big fan of Beer & tomato juice. "Oh you will really like it she said, it's especially good for hangovers the morning after". . hhmmmm. . .really? . ."Ok, I'll try it then . . . . well YUCK . .what are you people thinking???!!?" So needless to say TJ has not been a part of my beverage selection . . . Until now . . . and only because I can get it SPICY Hot ;). I bought some of this a couple of years ago when it first came on the market to "try again" since tomato juice is suppose to be so good for you and I absolutely LOVE the spicy hot version!! I have also used it in a number of recipes and it always adds great flavor. I've added it to chili, meatloaf, pot roast, spaghetti sauce, Bloody Mary's, spicy lentil soup, shrimp cocktail mix and spicy pork chops. So here is my grocery find of the week, see if you like it . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only remember washing Doc in it after he found the skunk...and ever since, I can't get my nose near it.