Wednesday, June 13, 2007

End of another school year. . . .

The class of 2007....at the end of each school year..this happens to me. I give lots of hugs and encouragement to seniors that I am going to miss. This year was no different. Since I work in the Athletic Office I see alot of the kids who would be in the "jocks" category I suppose. As a high school goes you have the various groups whether its the drama kids, AG kids, Latino kids..whoever..they are all groups of kids trying to find their way through high school. It's no different than when I was in high school ____ years ago.. All the kids are in general GREAT kids and I enjoy them alot. There are some bad apples..but that should not taint that there are a majority of kids who genuinely love to compete in athletics AND get good grades.
This year there were a great group of girls that played basketball and softball that I became especially close to, I will miss them alot. I think maybe since I had all boys, I have really enjoyed getting to be apart of experiencing some of the daily lives of teenage girls at the high school. We talk about music, IPOD video viewing, tanning, after school jobs, frappachinos, prom dresses, projects due, boyfriends, dance moves (yikes), movies, my "hot" son's (as they refer to them when they see their pictures on my desk), and hopefully I have been able to give them some "motherly" advise. I think I missed something by not having a girl, but I have been able to get a nice sense of it through them....I will miss them alot, but as with every year, a new group of freshman girls will stop by the office and say, "Hey, Mrs. Christopherson..what forms do I need to fill out to play volleyball".....so it begins...

No comments: