Saturday, June 16, 2007

Especially on Father's Day . . .


I miss my Dad..... I miss him alot, not just on Father's Day but many other times during the year. It doesn't have to be a holiday or special occasion, sometimes when I am driving I will think about something and really miss that he's not here anymore. It sucks. I wish he could have seen the boys get married and start their families. He would have been sooo excited to know that he would have been a Great Grampa soon. Dad was always young in spirit to me. He never really seemed old. I miss his advice, not that I always took it OR believed it OR always asked for it :) but just that he was there to talk to about stuff, Dad stuff. As the years go by, it gets slightly easier that he's gone, but I still miss him. I remember what he said to me the night before he passed, "Go live your life". So here's to you Dad...you may be gone, but you are far from forgotten. . . .love always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup...not much more to say than that.

Anonymous said...

My dad has been gone for 5 years now. He was the one person I would talk to when I really needed someone to listen. I think my kids miss him the most. "Last of the good guys" is one of the things they remember about him the most. Which was true!