Monday, October 1, 2007

Bring on the rain . . .

Some like summer, some like winter, some like spring....I love Fall. I like it when after months of being in the sun attempting to stay cool in the warm weather I can put on a sweater again. I like that I can wear sweatshirts and layers of clothing, I've missed that. My coats and jackets are being revisited again this month. I like that I can order a pumpkin spice or gingerbread latte, just because it's October and it just tastes better in October (ps. note how I haven't quite cut back yet..oops). I enjoy the changing color of the leaves. Have you ever really stopped to notice that? This begins the start of nesting inside the house for the next few months, in front of a fire in the fireplace, curled up on the couch snuggled up in an afghan reading or watching TV. This is beef stew, chili and cornbread weather. It's my birthday month, it's high school homecoming, it's halloween, it's time for a mammogram (oh geezzzz..not that again), well it is October!

1 comment:

Nic N Chad said...

i can't wait for the rain either. It's been too long. It is possible to get sick of blue sky!!!