Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Treats .... it's what we do best!

When you work in an office you celebrate birthdays. A couple times a month we celebrate various birthdays by bringing homemade goodies into work. I have done this for as long as I have been working .... like almost 100 years now ....it feels like. I know some of the best recipes I have accumulated over the years have been from different people that I have worked with. Actually if I counted up all the dozens of cookies I've brought in or desserts I've whipped up...the calories would be in the bazillions! When the boys still lived at home and hubby still says it, "I suppose you are having a birthday at work again, since you never make that stuff for us." That answer is "correct" I say. "This stuff is bad for you. You don't need to be eating sweets". They would walk off...grumpy..with the "that's not fair" look. When I grew up Mom didn't make sweets because my brother was a diabetic. So, I never really knew what I was missing I guess. Since I've been married and started a family, I still rarely make desserts or sweets for us. Plus, they really aren't all that good for you. I suppose if I want my sweet tooth satisfied I just wait for an office birthday party and a new recipe. Here is a good one I've brought in for the chocolate lovers in your office:

Amazing Chocolate Expresso Surprise
1 18.24oz box chocolate cake mix
1 3oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 1/4c. sour cream
1 6oz c. vanilla bean yogurt
1c. butter, softened
5 eggs
1T instant coffee crystals
1t almond extract (optional)
5 - 1.55oz milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
Powdered sugar
Tillamook Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan. In a large bowl, sitr together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in sour cream and yogurt, softened butter, eggs, coffee crystals and almond extract. Beat 3 minutes on medium speed. Add broken pieces of milk chocolate bar and stir. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool and turn onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. AND THE BEST PART! Serve with Tillamook Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!!! 16 servings

No comments: