Sunday, October 28, 2007

Perfect Day . . . .except for the birds

Today is a perfect day...it's really sunny outside, crispy cold and the leaves have begun to fall. I am sitting on the couch with all of my back issues of Better Home's & Garden's magazines cutting out recipes and watching old horror movies.

Just waiting for the mighty hunter to return home today after a week at Elk camp (hopefully after a successful hunt).

I really enjoy watching the older horror movies. With Halloween next Wednesday it seems this is the only time of year that you can see some really good films. The Vincent Price & Bela Lugosi vampire movies are my favorites, and of course Psycho & The Birds. I watched this one today called "The Vault of Horror" oh my gosh..it was a major "B" movie from the 70's...the blood even looked like KoolAid!! Some of the newer scary movies are good, but they are VERY scary to me (ie. The Ring, The Grudge)..not like the older ones. I usually can't watch any of them alone..they freak me out too much. Don't like any of the bloody movies either, but the suspenseful ones keep my attention. Sometimes I'm peeking through my hands that are over my face most of the time. Why do we do this to ourselves?? It's really stupid when you think about it, we want to watch it, but it scares the bee-jesus out of us??!! This website is about watching scary movies..perhaps it can help you too....http://www.horrormoviesurvivalguide.com/

No comments: