Sunday, July 20, 2008

A day at the ballpark . . . .


How exciting it is for kids to get autographs on game day. . . Seattle Mariners pitcher Brandon Morrow was more than happy to sign . . actually arriving a bit late to batting practice because of it. Ichiro had a really bad day . . he couldn't hit a thing and even missed catching a ball in rightfield . . I wouldn't have been very happy if I was his boss and I'm paying him a contract of 17 million! yikes. There is nothing like being at a ball park though on a 78 degree day . . the poor standings of the Mariners had no impact on the attendance Saturday, it was a full house.

I do have to say though to make sure when you attend a ballgame to make a major withdrawl from an ATM machine prior to entering . . yikes . . hot dogs $6.50, beer $7.50 (of course you can't have just one), we brought our own peanuts and seeds in so that was a savings. It just made us more thirsty for more beers . . arrghhhh!! I had to have the famous Garlic Fries of course . . that set me back another $4.50. It was a GREAT day at the ball park! Final Score Cleveland Indians 9 Seattle Mariners 6.

No comments: