Monday, July 28, 2008

Scavenger Hunt . . .


This morning (after my bird fiasco) I headed out on a mission. Hubby leaves for Germany this Saturday where he will be on business for three weeks. He is staying in an industrial town called Stuttgart which is in the southern part of Germany. He will be traveling with his boss and a machine maintenance guy that also works at Leupold. His counterpart (Joe) in Germany who he speaks to frequently via email has sent Dale a list of things that he has asked him to bring back that they don't have where he lives. Since I needed to shop and pick up a few things for his trip anyway I told him give me the items and I would look for them.

So here is what was on the list: Gold Toe Socks, Wild Cherry M&M's, mini M&M's, premium M&M's, Advil for Migraines, Advil for Headaches, Blistex (5pk), Levi's (2pr) relaxed fit, Sneaker Balls.

List doesn't look too complicated, lots of random stuff, doesn't appear to be anything that difficult to find. Can probably pick up all these items at Freddy's right? NOT, I had to go to: Walgreens (2 different stores) , Fred Meyer, Target, Hank's Thriftway, WINCO and Safeway to complete this list? arrghhh . . I learned some things today. I had absolutely no idea there was such a thing as Advil Migraine gel tabs (only had to go to 3 stores until I found it). M&M's makes limited edition flavors hence the flavor Wild Cherry (yuk), I guess they are good in cookies (the lady at the store said), You cannot buy mini M&M's in a bag when it's not the holiday season . . period . . Who knew there was such a thing as premium M&M's?? well, there are. When buying Gold Toe Socks you need to know more information than the brand name, you need dress socks, white socks, black socks, low top, high top, crew, athletic socks?. . .so many questions?? So he's getting black thick socks, hope he likes them. Well, one vacation day down, 4 more to go.

No comments: