Tuesday, July 15, 2008

When did I become a list maker? . . .

to do listIt's bad. I cannot function without a list. I never use to be this way. I use to just do things, get things, make appts. buy things when I needed to. Now I have to make a list. If it's not on the list it doesn't get done, it's not necessary and it's forgotten. Now when I think about things during the day that need to be done my first thought is "I need to get that on the list". . . .why do I do that now? or I will forget that's why. Yes, I do have to admit, I never use to forget as many things in my younger days than I do now. It sucks. It's normal to forget things as you age (it says so on the internet under "normal forgetting symptoms" . .haha). It's only when you forget where you are driving to (oops, done that before), find yourself somewhere and don't remember the drive getting there (uh . .oh . .) and you quit recognizing people (not yet), that you need to worry about the big "A" word. So I feel better now knowing I'm not headed in that direction, I don't think anyway! Now, if I could just find my damn list so I could put something on it before I forget . . .arrghhhh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monica, It's just that you have more to remember now that you need the list's. It's not just your husband, kids, close family members anymore. It's the grandkids too, and their families! The more people in your life the more to remember. It's being lucky to have all those things in your life that you need to make the lists so you don't forget. It's just flat being lucky to grow old and have those things that make growing old fun!!! Thank god or this being over 50 would suck!!! L, Peg