Saturday, May 23, 2009

Now why didn't I look at the street number?

Well, it happened. I went into Ptown today to do some errands. I am still hunting down gift certificates for our staff retirees for a reception next week. I drive into town with some ideas, go around the block a couple times on Burnside around Powell's Book Store trying to find a parking space, can't and just go a few blocks up and over into a parking garage. This particular garage was charging $5/day, which I didn't think was bad from what other garages seemed to be charging (ie. $8.50-$10/day). I park, and start heading to Powell's. The weather today was absolutely perfect for wandering around NW Portland. Lots of people were out and about enjoying the day. So I get to Powells, do some book browsing and purchase a gift certificate. Then I work my way to Henry's Tavern and purchase a gift card there. My last stop after wandering around at one of my favorite kitchen stores Sur La Table, was to stop at the Deschutes Brewery and pick up a gift certificate there. Mission accomplished! now back to the car. Start heading in the direction that the car is and . . uh . . no car . . no parking garage . . go a couple more blocks over . . uh . . still no parking garage . . Crap! I have no idea what street the parking garage is on. I didn't look at the street signs when I took off. Have you ever had that feeling that you are going to be walking around for hours . . trying to find your car? . . ok . . maybe you haven't. Sh&t! . . now what?? ok . . stay calm. Remember the $5/day sign . . sandwich board on the side walk . . find the sign. . . how much longer until it gets dark?? this is Burnside . . Crap! So . . this is what Altzeimer's feels like? it sucks! Wholly cow!!! YIPPEEE! . . there is the sign!!! Yay!!! Ha! . . now how stupid would that be to lose your car in Portland . . . uh yeah . . I know very stupid. But I didn't !!!!

No comments: