Friday, May 1, 2009

Wouldn't you know it . . .

Swine Flu possibilities have struck Oregon . . . and of course of ALL places it could have started . . it chose Western Oregon University. I heard this first thing this morning as I get into work. "Did you hear they have closed the campus at WOU because there is a suspected swine flu case?". "WHAT??? you're kidding right?? My son goes there!!!!!" . . . So within a few minutes after hearing this news, I give Andy a call. He doesn't answer so I leave a message, "Hey, what's this I hear about school closing?? Give me a call ASAP!" . . . . So lucky for him (ha!) he calls me back in short order . . "Hey . . wussup Mom?" . . "WHAT IS GOING ON THERE? DO YOU FEEL ALRIGHT? ARE YOU SICK? DO YOU KNOW ABOUT SCHOOL CLOSING? DO YOU HAVE A FEVER OR A COUGH, DID YOU GO TO CLASS WITH THIS PERSON THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT? ARE YOU SURE YOU FEEL ALRIGHT?" . . . after I stopped to take a breath after my uuhhhh. . 50 questions . . . Andy says, "It's all good, I didn't go to any classes with the guy, it sucks though that they are only closing Friday and Monday, those are the days I don't have any classes" End of sentence . . . aarrrghhh . . I'm having a heart attack here!!! and he's unhappy about his days off!!! I guess I must assume my questioning is a bit of an over reaction . . well, slightly. . . uuuhhhh alot I guess. But I can't help it, you worry. Of course at about 4:30 tonight I said to hubby, "Let's call Andy again and see if he's still alright", hubby gives me the eyeroll then says. . "alright" . . . ring. . ring . . "Hey Andy, your mom wants me to call and see if you are still breathing" "OH SHUT UP . . I didn't say that!!" "Well, you might as well have". . Sometimes Dads just don't understand the way Mom's worry about their kids. No matter how old they are. I will try not to call again, at least until tomorrow . . . or later tonight.

No comments: