Monday, December 3, 2007

A day at the mall . . . .

So Sunday I was on a mission . . . get started on some Christmas shopping. No matter how many new "trendy" malls pop up in the area, I seem to always gravitate to Washington Square. I don't know what it is about that mall, I guess it's just that they seem to have everything. The management has kept it updated and modern with new stores. They have done alot of work on putting in covered parking structures, valet parking, and package pickup areas. These are great when you get something big that you can just leave at the store while you shop around more. I guess I feel like I have been going to Washington Square forever. Actually after high school and before I went to college I worked in the stockroom at the JC Penney store prior to it's opening in the mall. Oh, do I have some stories from those days! A girlfriend and I went to work there together. We got the jobs with the help of my Dad who had a good friend that was the manager at the time. Our job was to unpack and ticket new merchandise as it entered the stockroom. Most of the time we would goof off and flirt with the cute guys that worked in the package pickup department or in the stockroom. One time there was this midnight boat ride on Lake Oswego......Oh my I am getting off track!! So I guess I feel kind of connected to that mall. I use to wheel the boys in their stroller on Saturday or Sunday afternoons, window shopping, buying them clothes, and occasionally stopping at McDonalds for lunch. That was the big weekend treat. Malls haven't changed much over the years. Except alot of teenagers hang out at the mall now. Girls to find boys and boys to find girls....we never did that?? We hung out at cool places like Tastee Freeze or A&W, or oh man . . . I am sounding like something out of a Grease movie! Anyway, back to shopping.....so I feel good I have at least gotten started and picked up a few things! Lot's of sales and lots of good Christmas music and decorations to put me in the mood!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the Streets of Tanasbourne...but, then, I have only been there in the summertime! Ha. I imagine what a horrid place that is in the winter. Surely the developer was from California on that one.

Anyway, I like it because within 20 feet I can hit all the stores I want; Pac Sun, Zumiez, Hot Topic, American Eagle...then I am done.

Ought to try HK sometime.

Anonymous said...

If you ever make it towards salem going on I5... The bridgeport village is a nice outdoor mall with alot of neat shops and fun places to eat! I love the little graph at the bottom! Alia