Saturday, December 15, 2007

Why not? . . . .

I was visiting with one of our coaches the other day when we started talking about things we did or didn't do when we were younger. He was telling me he never regrets getting a mohawk his senior year, his parents got really mad at him, his buddies made fun of him, but it was something he wanted so he did it. He said when you get to be an "adult" there are certain things you just aren't able to do like when you were a kid, because of expectations about adult behavior. As we were talking I told him how I wish when I was younger I had taken piano lessons. I'm sure if my parents had tried to get me to at the time I would have said,"forget that lame idea!". Now I regret it. I would love to know how to play the piano. So as I am telling him this he says, "So why don't you take piano lessons now?".. and I said, "well ....I'm too old"..and he says.."No your not, if you want to do it, you should do it. You don't have kids at home anymore taking up your time. You should do it!". Well....that's ridiculous..I can't.. not now..I am 50+ years old for cryminie sake! Well...the more I keep thinking about it the more I am thinking....well why not? So last week I started checking on people that provide piano lessons in the area. Found a couple...so who knows...maybe by this time next year I will be able to play Silent Night for the family. We'll see!

No comments: