Sunday, December 9, 2007

Manners and courtesy are alive and well . . .

I left the house this morning at 9:00am and returned home at 6:30pm, to Christmas shop. I went to the Woodburn Outlet Mall (nearly every store), Fryes Electronics, Kohls, Joes and Joanns Fabrics. MY FEET HURT! What I am happy to report though is how absolutely courteous and friendly people were. From the shoppers, to the sales clerks, it made my day even better. I usually don't notice things like that too much, not unless people are being big _sses. It was just really nice to have the door held open when needed, have lots of thank you's and Merry Christmas's mentioned, just general interest in what I was buying and for who, and smiles lots of smiles. Even in the parking lots (where people can be big _sses) people were patient and didn't seem rushed to whip in front of you or after you, when leaving a space. I am quick to complain if people are idiots, I just want to make sure I give credit when they are being great....like today. I think it's that retail Christmas shopping spirit!

No comments: