Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Time for a Virtual Vacation . . .

Don't tell me I'm the only one who does this . . . at least let me think that there may be others.

It starts by surfing the travel booking sites. You know the ones Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Carnival Cruise Lines, Disney World Vacations. I browse various vacation locations that I might like to visit that are within my budget (the "in my mind" budget). Then I enter . . . . traveling from: PDX . . . traveling to: Maui, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Orlando, San Antonio, Mazatlan, Cancun, Kauai, LA (Orange County -the Disney itch), Ixtapa . . the list goes on. On what dates would I like to travel? hmmm...how about early summer, Do I want the European plan or inclusive? Wow, look at what you get with that - select yes, Do I want a car? Sure I do, how about a convertible - select yes. Let's look at the rooms, take the virtual room tour online...hmmmm..that one looks nice, oceanfront, hottub, small kitchen - I select yes, Does the flight match my needs? select - yes, Enter traveler's names, enter frequent flyer miles, do you wish to purchase travel protection insurance? Your total travel costs including extras you have added is $______, Please enter your credit card number to book your reservation . . . . . . . . .STOP. . . DON'T proceed any further . . virtual vacation is over, I'm sad. Well, it was fun while it lasted! Maybe tomorrow I will take a virtual camping vacation to Yellowstone National Park, Yosemite, Bryce Canyon, ... I know.. I'm weird.

No comments: