Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Uuuuhhhh...what just happened?

This morning was one of those regular mornings. Wake up, get dressed, have coffee, read paper, lockup, turn out the lights, head out of the driveway to go to work. Oh No! ROAD IS A SHEET OF ICE! On Tuesday we had a snow day and no school. We had a pretty good dumping on Monday night so Tuesday we woke up to a beautiful layering of the white stuff. By the afternoon though most of it had melted away. This morning...it was ICE..not good. So as I slowly make my way up the hill creeping along at about 10-15 mph, I make the first right turn, that went ok, traveling up cemetary hill, work my way slowly down the backside, then I start to slowly tap my brake so I can stop before reaching the main road (that's pretty busy in the mornings) where I need to make a left turn. As I am stepping on my brake lightly...my car is not stopping...it's not stopping..it's NOT STOPPING....SO what happens?? I slowly slide into the middle of the road that I am suppose to be turning left onto.....OH MY GAWD!!! what just happened there...how did I get here?? I can't believe no cars were coming in either direction!! Ever so slowly I ease the wheel to the left..gently pressing on the gas...watching that no cars come at me either way on the road and I make it. As I swallow my heart from my throat and make my way into work I think...
Well, I guess today was my lucky day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...stop putting on your mascara while driving!