Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is your face red yet?

Laying on the couch as I have been the last couple days I have watched alot of bad daytime TV. As I faded in and out of consciousness (that may be a bit dramatic), I would catch some different shows and commercials. One new commercial has really sort of shocked me. For years women..yes, the ladies! have had to endure the complete and total embarrassment of commercials about feminine hygiene products. You know what I mean, let's just say it, tampons, maxi pads, Kotex, ones with wings, light days, etc. etc. etc. We have sat in a living room full of people when these commercials come on, to only be humiliated that they even make commercials about those products. Raising boys in a one woman household would cause immediate exodus from the room when these advertisements came on, or they would just look at me and laugh. One particular feminine hygiene product moment that comes to mind was when one of the boys was pre-school age, I'd say 3-4 years old, and I walked in on him in the bathroom unwrapping tampons and propelling them through the air by pushing the applicator and seeing how far they could fly. That was a waste of about a 1/2 box of tampons. Although he was very entertained by the whole thing. Well, lying on the couch I was witness to this commercial and I'd say it just about makes us even in the commercial humiliation department.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you!! When I am at Andy's house and those lovely ads come one Garrett will always look at me and burst out in laughter! Thank goodness my face doesnt turn red haha.
Please say the tampon launcher son was Andy, I would love nothing more then to have a good laugh at his expence about this!! -Alia