Friday, February 1, 2008

Hey, I'm not going to wash my arm! . .

Today at school we started talking about celebrity sightings. Seeing a so called "famous" person in our lifetime. It was fun to hear some great stories from a couple coaches about popular players/coaches they have run into in hotels or classes while attending coaches conferences. Another teacher who use to live in LA talked about jumping a fence in high school to hear the Rolling Stones at the Forum. He walked smack dab into Keith Richards having a smoke behind the mainstage area before the concert.
I shared my two big celebrity encounters with the group- First and foremost we were next door neighbors for nearly 7 years to Portland's own kids show host - Ramblin' Rod. On TV he was goofy, showed cartoons, had groups of kids come to his show and appear in the audience. He had alot of audience participation games and stunts. He wore a "Mr. Rogers" style sweater covered in buttons, all kinds of fun buttons (this was before the movie "Office Space" made wearing flair popular!!). I can tell you from being his neighbor...he was NOTHING like the TV personality.

My other celebrity sighting is my favorite - when hubby and I took a trip to Puerto Villarta, Mexico a number of years back we stopped by a big huge flea market in town. We are browsing through the market when this entourage of gentlemen with "big" hair come walking past us (remember this was the 80's, lots of guys had big hair then). I am kind of moving to the side a bit when this one particular guy rubs right by me, I turn to look and I'm "oh my gawd, oh my gawd....I said ...Dale...look...look who just walked by me!!! .... look who just rubbed by my arm!! oh my gawd!!" Of course he is looking at me like I am crazy . . . I tell him who it is and he's like..."Well who's he???", I'm like, "WHAT???? you have never heard of him?"..he said, "aaahhh..nope never heard of the guy". Obviously, if we would have run into a member of the stinking Beach Boys you would have known the name!! But since the person that walked by me was just Robert Plant! from Led Zepplin!..of course you wouldn't know!! I can honestly say it's the only time I have seen somebody famous that completely caused me to stop and stare. I'm over it though . . kind of . . haha. . I wonder if he remembers me?!

No comments: