Thursday, May 29, 2008

2 Buck Chuck . . .


I'm not a big wine drinker, but I like knowing that if I want a bottle I don't have to spend and arm and a leg for some good wine. You can browse any Safeway wine department and find a number of Oregon wines or others that are really good for under $10 bottle. I'm not a red wine fan, although a number of my girlfriends love the Merlot and Shiraz. I always buy it for them when they come for Bunco, I think it is rancid . . I take one sip and if I could spit it out I would, but I don't because I'm ladylike :). A wine I do enjoy is Pinot Grigio, it's light, not strong tasting and I can sip on it without wrinkling up my nose. Since I'm not a big wine expert by any means, I have no idea about kinds of wine or years of wines that are considered the best. So I select based on who has the coolest name and fancy label, so here is this weeks selection, not a bad choice I might say. At $7.25 a bottle it's a bargain and delicious, plus if you buy 6 bottles of wine at Safeway you get 10% off the total purchase, so hey!! today I will drink wine! Tomorrow it's back to beer! Salu!

No comments: