Saturday, May 17, 2008

What? . . When? . . Here!&!

2:45 pm Friday afternoon - My phone ring, ring. . .

"Good afternoon, Forest Grove Athletics" Our business manager's secretary is calling me, "The City of Forest Grove is calling, they have been contacted by the Clinton Campaign and they are very interested in making an impromptu stop in Forest Grove on Saturday afternoon, and were calling to check and see if the stadium is being used" . ."What? your kidding right? OK very funny . . who's really calling?" . ."No, really, I am calling on behalf of the City Mgr, they would like to land a helicopter on the football field and hold a brief rally at the stadium, former President Clinton will be the person speaking." "Really? OK, Wow, is this serious? let me check the schedule . . looks like the stadium field is completely open on Saturday", "Alright, we will be calling you back to let you know if it's a go or not, just so you know the other field they are looking at is the one at Tom McCall Upper Elementary, they like the rolling hills on each side of the football field and think that may accommodate more people, either way they will be stopping in Forest Grove, we should know more in about an hour." . . Click . .

OH MY GAWD!!. . former Prez Clinton coming to the Grove!. . so I call our Athletic Director who is attending a baseball playoff game in Roseburg and he totally thinks I am pranking him (which we do to each other frequently). . . NO DOUG....serious!!! President Clinton at FG High!! So on a Friday afternoon I am sitting and staring at my phone . . waiting for a call back. . . if it's here there is lots to do . . clean stadium restrooms, get field mowed, oh my, I don't even know . . . oh jeezzz why aren't they calling yet? There are going to be secret service, FBI, snipers, all those men in black everywhere! I'm getting heart palpitations . . this is big!! 3:45 . . . no call . . . 4:00 . . . no call . .. 4:15 . . no call. . well screw this, I was suppose to go home at 4:00, I'm leaving. Finally our business manager's secretary calls me on my cell phone at 5:30pm. "Hello, so what have you heard?" . . "Well, they have decided to go to Scappoose High School instead" . . "WHAT??? why there?", "I don't know, they didn't tell us why, I guess they are government people and can do whatever they want with no explanation." "OK, well thanks for getting back to me." . Stupid people, why would they rather go to Scappoose instead of Forest Grove?.
Well, now it's their headache and not ours to organize. . I would have gone, how many chances in a lifetime do you get to see a former President in person? He can just go to Scappoose . . .even though I had already started working on my sign for the rally . . . .


THANKS ALOT BILL
FOR RUINING MY NAME
GO OBAMA & MCCAIN!

No comments: