Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I miss Yoda . . .

When Dale and I were first married we always hosted a Halloween party every year. Usually on the Saturday night closest to Halloween. They were so much fun, especially when I think back to all the people we use to pack into our little house on Thatcher Rd. There were all kinds of great costumes, we usually gave some different prizes and always adult beverages and large amounts of yummy food was consumed. Some costumes over the years were of bikers, army people, hippies (Brian & Grace), hunters (of course), Zombies (Blake and Diane), James Bond (Phil), gangsters, lot's of girls that I worked with at St. V's and Dale worked with at Tektronix would show up. I've dressed as a baby, an old hunched over woman (nobody knew it was me until awhile into the party) another time as Madonna (in the Like a Virgin days), those were some crazy parties. I guess once we started having kids the parties went away and taking them out became our halloween fun. The boys had so many different costumes over the years, Ninja Turtles, Clowns, HeMan, Vampires, Zombies, Cookie Monster, Scarecrows, but my favorite was Yoda. Can't remember which one of the boys was Yoda, but the face on the mask was so pathetic it was cute, so I'm sure whoever it was always got extra candy. Halloween is so much fun with kids, all the planning for what costumes to wear and all the party planning for school (which now has deemed the holiday politically incorrect to celebrate..bah humbug). We are very excited though to see the grandson's in their costumes this year!! So it's off to Safeway to pick up some bags of candy for the door and special treats for some special visitors. Hope their parents have as much fun as we did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Andy went as the invisible man that year!! HA!

-Chad