Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I've become a soccer mom again . . .

soccer Pictures, Images and PhotosHow did this happen?, I thought I was retired from dragging my lawn chair to the soccer field, wrapped up in blankets to keep warm and watching boys play soccer. I can remember even counting down the days until our youngest wasn't playing soccer anymore and quietly saying a "yeah! no more sitting in the cold and rain anymore watching games". At the beginning of this year's boys soccer season some of the players kept asking me to come to their games during the preseason, they were telling me "Mrs. C. we are going to be really good this year, we are going to make the playoffs, you should come watch us". So I went to a couple games early on just to check them out. I discovered, they are REALLY good. The game they play is fast paced, lots of action and what they can do with their feet and the ball is unbelievable. I still have no clue though about off sides, didn't get it then and still don't get it now .oh well! I have become hooked and have managed to make it to all of their home games this season and their last one is this week. If they win Thursday we will be first in league. The FG boys soccer program has not placed 1st in league since 1978 . . so knock on wood! They are a great group of kids, they play aggressive, there are no individual superstars and they are all unselfish in their game. The first playoff game is going to be at home on Saturday, November 1st and wouldn't you know it I have tickets to the OSU vs. Arizona State football game that day . . oh no, never have I been so conflicted before about going to a Beavers game. I guess I have really become a soccer mom again. Just pass the orange slices.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this hurts. Guess i just wasn't fascinating enough to watch. I mean i'm just your kid and all. hahaha

Anonymous said...

I am not hurt by this at all. I really sucked at soccer and you had to come out and watch me every week. You deserve to go actually watch some real athletes at that soccer game next week. And what do you know, I have yet to get tickets to the beavers game, so I could just take those off your hands and problem solved. It's the least I can do.

--Josh

Le' Monica said...

We WON! We WON! We just won the game!! FG 2 Canby 0, we are first place in the Pacific Conference and headed to the playoffs...yippee!!

Anonymous said...

Who cares, soccer is for girly men!! As proof by the 2 gebronies that posted above!!

--The one who didn't play that lame a$$ sport!

Anonymous said...

haha chad as for your comment i believe you were the only loser to play basketball (dribbling in your shorts while the real men were wrestling.) I conclude my point thank you and goodnight.