Tuesday, December 9, 2008

But it's sooo cute . . .


That's how my obsession started . . . . I love to decorate for Christmas and it's my favorite season to tole paint things for as well. Actually I didn't realize how much until this weekend hubby was starting to unload the Rubbermaid bins out of the attic that are filled with Christmas decorations and lights. "So you stand at the bottom of the ladder" he says, "I will hand stuff down to you" 'OK, just do it slowly" I say. Well after the 9th huge bin is handed down I say, "How many more . . geezzz . . I don't remembering this much last year?" "OH, there are still some more, just hold on!" he says. FINE, so down come 5 MORE bins and a variety of other things, like the nativity scene we display in the yard, big santa for the roof, extra large boxes with pictures in them (yes, I take down my pictures and replace them all with Christmas ones) . . see I am obsessed! It's embarrassing actually . . . I go to a bazaar or a gift shop and there it is .. a really cute Snowman or Santa, that ends up coming home with me. Until recently . . . I have said to myself . . enough is enough . . no more Christmas decorations . . .period! Well, except if I see a REALLY cute thing. . . . NO . . I must stop. It's all BiMarts fault, they need to quit having sales on those Rubbermaid bins, then I wouldn't buy them. It does look festive around here though!!

No comments: