Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh brother, daytime drama . . .



We are in a soap opera, yes seriously . . . boring little ole' us.
I pulled into the driveway last week and began to unload some groceries when a car pulls into the driveway behind me. A gal gets out and I notice it is someone that we went to school with. We know her and her husband but don't really do anything with them socially. About 10 years ago we attended a bunco party with mutual friends and they were there other than that we see them in town, they see us, but we don't really hang out. I had heard through the "beauty shop" grapevine that her and her husband had separated and she was filing for divorce because he had become a very heavy drinker over the last few years. SO anyway, she approaches me as I am unloading groceries and says, "Can I speak to you and Dale for a minute?", Well sure I say, come on in. She says, "I just wanted to let you guys know about something, my husband soon to be ex is telling people that I had an affair with Dale a couple of years ago, at the same time I was also having an affair with ______and ______ (two other guys in town that we know)" she explains, "I just left the house of _____ and his wife and let them know about all this and came over here, then I am headed to ____'s house to let them know about it too". "We live in a small town and I just wanted you all to be aware that if you hear anything about it, that's where it's coming from, and I am soo sorry to even be here saying this, he is very angry that I'm filing for divorce and he is saying so many terrible things it's unreal" . . UH WHAT? . . I look at Dale and he looks completely dumbfounded, and after a few moments of absorbing what she has just said I say to her, "I am very sorry that you are having to come around and talk to us about this, it must be awful and embarrassing for you and your kids, but can you please tell me one thing? . . what are you taking to be able to handle 3 affairs and a husband all at the same time, because I might want some?". . . Well, that broke the ice . . she felt alot better. . we all laughed. . .she was so nervous when she stopped by . . how absolutely horrible. Of course Dale chimes in then and says, "Well, was I good? Not much fun to be part of the rumor and not part of the fun?" But really he wants to beat the __it out of the guy in a dark alley for being a complete idiot. . . just like on the soap operas. Well, this week . . .These are the Days of our Lives.

3 comments:

grace howson said...

Just goes to show you cannot believe everything that is going around the rumor mill.
God how weird!

Anonymous said...

Wimmin luv Duck fans

Anonymous said...

Sorry all that still goes on but some things never change. Got to take the good and the bad in a small town. Can't always believe what you hear in the Grove because I know. How I know! Got to give her some credit though, that had to be hard!!