Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Grocery store finds . . .

I thought I'd share every so often some items that I find in the grocery store that we think are tasty. Working fulltime I don't have the time to make a homemade everything from scratch meal for dinner during the week. And with us both getting home at different times during the evening, it's not always easy to plan dinner. It seems that so many of the different "convenient" foods you can pick up at the store are basically . . gross (ie. TV dinners, boxed macaroni dishes, frozen precooked chicken strips, nuggets, etc.) Others are not too bad, sometimes you just have to doctor them up a bit. So although Rachael Ray claims anybody can cook a homemade meal in just thirty minutes, I don't have her energy after work OR her personal shopper that can get me all of the fresh ingredients that she uses daily. Good for those of you that do/can, but my time for cooking is usually on the weekends, otherwise its fast and easy or I use the "let's go out to eat" card. Most frozen grocery store pizzas are bad, they taste like cardboard and although the picture indicates a delicious looking pizza on the box, the opened contents speak otherwise. I picked up this BBQ Chicken pizza at Trader Joe's, and much to our surprise the pizza was really good had more ingredients on it than what appeared on the box and the crust was fresh and tender tasting. Since hubby likes to eat more than a couple pieces I ended up buying 2 of them, but you could get by with one especially if you had a nice salad to serve on the side. Do you have any finds? Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel Ray is a c*t. She couldn't cook her way out of a wet paper bag.