Monday, July 2, 2007

Blogging . . . .

I have officially been blogging now for over a month. I'll admit I have enjoyed doing it, but it's not always easy to think about things to say. It's not like I live a real exciting life or anything and I'm not really into the "Dear Diary" journal writing, so this has been a challenge. I can tell by checking site meter that some people are stopping to browse, but others tell me they are but it doesn't register on sitemeter..what's up with that? I'm still learning all this stuff. If you are out there and you do check in, drop me a comment I would love to hear from you. PS. I'm back to the previous template format so I can stay "fresh" not "old" as my brother puts it :) !! Happy July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Site Meter doesn't capture everything...but most things. I can tell you that some of my stops by will probably appear strange, as I started using TOR in order to view your site and other Blogger sites. Tor re-routes my IP address through a variety of websites so it masks where I am and what I am doing...hence, the Great Firewall cannot figure out who I am and I can see your stuff. It is slower, but it works.

Site Meter is pretty good for catching whacko's that stop by and leave weird comments...you can zero in on where they originated the comment and the find out who they were if necessary. It helps in blocking potential nutballs.

By using a variety of tracking software (I use Typepad, Site Meter and My Blog Log), you can get a pretty good sense of the traffic you are taking in and who is looking at what.

The key to blogging...and what I keep telling Tai-Tai, but she doesn't listen, is visiting and commenting on other blogs in order to establish relationships with others...and the word spreads. Subject writing, is pretty much up to you...you need to take time to discover your 'voice' in the blog and how people will read you. I've learned that rant's tend to limit your traffic...whereas general BS about life tends to increase traffic. My blog has moved from news rants to general crap about China, travel and Canucks. It 'feels' right. But then...I hide my face...and you don't...HA!

Le' Monica said...

Thanks for the info. I am feeling pretty comfortable with my content. I have actually been complimented on my ability to write and make people smile when they read my blog, so that makes me happy, but I guess I did make my son cry in the case of my blog about Dad..oops. Keep me updated on stuff in a 3rd grade computer content so I can understand..heehee..later, your seester..