Monday, July 23, 2007

Someone has to go...and they have to go NOW!

In the evenings I can be sitting innocently watching the TV when all of a sudden it happens.......I try to ignore it...I can't help it !! it won't go away.......I think..."this is stupid..it is 9:00 at night I should be getting settled watching a show or reading a book before bed".. but no.......the thought persists... So this is when I make the announcement,
"DOES ANYBODY ELSE WANT SOME DAIRY QUEEN???"

And of course.....part of the game in our house is that whoever cannot hold out (because everybody here LOVES ice cream) and ends up making the announcement...is the one who has to go order...but tonight I don't care....I cannot go to bed without some Dairy Queen. Usually I order a Butterfinger Blizzard, my fav. We have tried the new waffle cone sundaes and they are really good too.. When the craving is satisfied with the delicious treat....nothing is greater...I mean nothing.
There is a vicious rumor in our small town that our Dairy Queen is closing and going to become a Carl's JR!!! Well, that is just not acceptable...besides I can't be driving clear to the next town when the calling comes....NO..NO... I will have to go to the City Council...it simply cannot happen...matter of fact I think I will go to Dairy Queen right now and just get comfortable in a booth until the horrible rumor passes.....can I order you anything???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a couple DQ's here. You can get...Oreo Blizzards...and...Oreo Blizzards...and...Oreo Blizzards.

Seriously...they have sundaes and the like, but you have to get used to Asian sweets to understand. Red Bean and Green Tea are the prevailing flavors...

But...they have Oreo Blizzards!!!

Grab me a Peanut Buster Parfait next time.