Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ebay has changed everything . . . .

It use to be in the "old" days...you know a couple years ago. You could have a garage sale (like I did this weekend) by just dumping stuff on tables in the garage or on the driveway, mark things at a reasonable price (cheap) and things would fly off the tables. Now, nearly everybody that shops say's, "I think I could get a better deal for that on Ebay"..or "I've seen that on Ebay for way cheaper"...great, just great.....I take all week to carefully mark what I feel is a fair "garage sale" price for something and the dreaded "Ebay" comment continues to pop up over and over again.
I love Ebay ... don't get me wrong. I am a shopper on their website, but it really has changed the resale of used items in a big way. Now when I pack up the things that didn't sell at my sale, I think...hmmmm...maybe I shouldn't take that to Goodwill, maybe I should try to sell it on Ebay. More work...arrghh..just like having a double garage sale (nope...no way).....I only like to buy on Ebay..it's a pain to sell, posting ad's, taking pictures of stuff, boxing, shipping too much work...don't want to go there...no time... So, if you want to check out some good deals this week head to the Forest Grove Goodwill Store..you will find some great new treasures there...just delivered today..happy shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patience, grasshopper!! I've made almost a $1000 on ebay in the last two weeks trying to get rid of crap we don't want to move back. I suppose all the time on my hands might have made things a bit easier to do!

-Chad