Friday, July 6, 2007

iCar . . . .

Some people have their iPods, I have my iCar.
I love to get into my car crank up the tunes and just drive. Yes, I am one of those psycho people you will pull up next to at a stop light and see singing away. At least I'm not picking my nose :) or putting on mascara. There is no better place to listen to music than in my car. I can have it on what I want, when I want and as loud as I want. Almost anybody that gets in the car after I have been driving in it, starts it up and will get blasted by the volume of whatever it is I have been listening to, then if I am with them I get "the look". You know, the "why do you have to have this up sooo loud" look. I don't know, I just like it that way. I don't like it loud when I am with somebody in the car, because then I can't talk to them. When asked about what kind of music I like to listen to, well, I really like a wide variety. I like old rock & roll, I like "some" new alternative, soft rock, new country, old show tunes, R&B, even some Bach & Mozart tunes. I think I have completely baffled the iTunes store in their selections to recommend for my downloading preferences, since I like so many different kinds of music.
I borrowed my son's iPod the other day when I was going on my nightly walk, since I don't own one. He say's "Mom, I don't think there is anything on there you are going to like", I said, "Well, let me listen anyway, it's only an hour and 1/2 walk, I'm sure I can stand it that long, just as long as every other song doesn't have the "F" word in it" he say's "only a couple". So off I went . . . who would have known that Kenny Rogers made a rap song with Ludacris?? weird. Our tastes are not the same...for sure.
I am happy to use my fav mode of listening.. my iCar...

No comments: