Sunday, November 4, 2007

Let the Bazaars begin!


I love going to Christmas bazaars. Probably every weekend from now until Christmas I will try to slip in to a school bazaar, church bazaar or a big one like the one I attended today in Portland. It is the Holiday Food and Gift bazaar at the Oregon Convention Center. I am starting my gift hunts for various friends and family members. In our family we also have alot of birthday celebrations in December...so it's sort of double the gift giving that month. I really like checking out the new things people are crafting. I guess at heart I am an "artsy fartsy" person. I love things that have taken someones personal time and creativity to make. I always like looking at the jewelry, wool purses, soaps, tolepainted items, landscape photography prints, and of course Santa's .... being a bit of a santa collector. I have one rule though...as with all of my paint lady friends we are sworn to..."Never buy anything with wiggly eyes"...that is our secret code for a bad bazaar. "Oh, don't go to that bazaar, they have lots of wiggly eye things". That basically means they have alot of crap, cheap stuff, junk, pipecleaners, wholesale storebought made in China items..NOT handmade...don't bother. People that make creatures out of walnuts need therapy...sorry but true. Anyway, I did get some good stuff today, so now they will get put away for Christmas. A future blog entry will have to be about riding the Tri-Met Max train into Portland...oh my...very entertaining.

No comments: