Thursday, November 29, 2007

Snow, Football, Chili...does it get any better?

We had our first bit of snow last night in the Grove and it was beautiful! Of course I was crossing my fingers for a "snow" day off school today, but it was all melted by this morning. They are predicting more on Saturday afternoon, which should add more drama to the events of the Civil War game in Eugene that day. I have my ingredients to begin my contribution to the smorgasboard of food. The last get together of the season for the "Beaver Nation Tailgaters", as we have so deemed ourselves. The guys are making one of those ducks, wrapped with chicken, wrapped in Turkey deals, plus a WHOLE bunch of other fabulous food is being made that day. My assignment is chili. I thought I would share my recipe, you can never have too many chili recipes! So here you go...


BEAVER BELIEVERS CHILI
(It's name for this weekend anyway)

I am multiplying this recipe X 3 for our get together

1 1/2 lbs hamburger
1/2 onion
1 14.5 oz. can diced stewed tomatoes
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 6oz. can tomato paste
1 15 oz can chili style beans - do not drain
1 30 oz can chili beans (ie. pinto, kidney whatever you like) - do not drain
4T worchestershire sauce
2 to 4T chili powder (depending on your taste)
V8 Hot & Spicy tomato juice (desired amount for consistency)
Brown hamburger and onion, drain fat. Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, simmer for minimum of 1 1/2 hrs.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onions, dolop of sour cream! Your good to go!!

No comments: