Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hey Mister how do you do that? . .

The turf is being laid this week. Pretty exciting to watch after all the multitude of fundraising and planning it's actually happening. Of course I have seen many copies of what the layout is suppose to look like through a gazillion emails that have been flying back and forth between our Athletic Director and the Field Turf company. We selected a Viking Head for the center of the 50 yard line, we have numbers that are going to be shaded on the yard markers, there are hash marks, etc. Also, our field is being named "Jeff Durham Field" which will be written underneath the Viking Head at the 50 yard line. Our Athletic Director is on vacation this week, a vacation planned many months ago. He is going crazy because he cannot be here while the turf is being installed, so as his dutiful (ha!) secretary, I am going out daily to the stadium and snapping photos that I email him, so he can check it out on his Blackberry!! Oh the glories of technology!! So today when I wandered out to the stadium to take a picture I noticed...hmmm..no Viking head...no field numbers..?? Whats up with that? I see one of the turf installation guys and talk to him. He tells me they are just laying it out now and that the sideline pieces have not been placed yet...also, the Viking head piece is cut in, then actually set into the middle of the field after the turf has been laid. Interesting. Well, these guys do this every day so they must know what they are doing . . He did reassure me "You are going to really like it when it's done". I am already getting calls coming in from football mom's about whether their son's will need "turf" football shoes this season. It's going to be here before too long, home opener August 29th!

No comments: