Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So it begins . . .

Tomorrow is the first day of registration for this school year. The debut of the new American Eagle outfits, the new hair colors/cuts, boyfriends/girlfriends, kids that have gotten taller over the summer, parents of freshman that look wary, the new groups, the old friends, the looks of confusion, and the paperwork . . . so much frigging paperwork. Someday maybe the kids will be able to register online, and only come for ID cards, lockers and pictures, which they can do after school starts. But not now, nope, they have to turn in umpteen forms that have to be signed in umpteen places before they can move to the next station. Yes, I am now a station, I am station #3 Athletics, bring me your physicals, bring me your clearance forms, bring me your money, if every T is crossed and I is dotted you can be cleared to participate in sports for this season . . and may proceed to station #4 Schedules . . . . yeah!!!! So here's to another year, a few more gray hairs and adventures waiting to happen.

No comments: