Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Olympics . . .


Didn't think I would be doing this but I have been sort of glued to the TV every night watching some kind of Olympic event. Honestly have to say I have become drawn into the Michael Phelps hoopla during these games, the guy is a specimen for sure. I remember (because I'm old) when Mark Spitz broke all of the big Olympic swim records in 1972. He was the poster boy at that time and alot girls my age (including myself) thought he looked pretty hot in his little speedo! Something about that dark hair and the mustache was VERY nice. Now, everything gets shaved so guess you don't see much hair anymore. . ha! Though swimming is not my favorite event to watch I will flip it on if it's some big race. What I really enjoy watching is gymnastics, men and women's. All the events, balance beam, floor exercise, unevent bars, the horse. I especially like watching the guys do the rings, that takes strength! Have been trying to catch up on some Roman Greco wrestling but it must be on in the middle of the night or something, I haven't been able to find it yet. Must say that I have loved our plasma HDTV for watching the Olympics...it's really so much nicer to watch than the older "regular" TV. The opening ceremonies and all the events come in sooo sharp and clear I didn't realize until watching as much TV as I have this last week (I'm not usually the one in control of the remote) that it does make a big difference. So off to the tube to see what's on tonight. . GO USA!!! . .

No comments: