Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm addicted to coffee . . .



There I said it . . . that is the first part of my recovery process.


I don't really recall when it happened, but it has taken over my life. I promised myself when school started this year I would cut back..well..that became I will cut back after registration and things slow down..well..that has become I will cut back next week...well that was 2 weeks ago...now I WILL cut back starting Oct. 1st....yes Oct. 1st sounds like a good date.


It's all because of flavored coffee. I never liked coffee until it became flavored. I always loved the smell of coffee, growing up I remember my parents making fresh coffee in the morning and it smelled soo good. Once I took a sip and thought..oh my gawd..how can they drink this stuff..it's so bitter. Now if I don't have 2-3 shots of espresso in my nonfat sugarfree grande hazelnut latte I get cranky(er). It's all that stupid Seattle's fault, why did they have to go and invent Starbucks!! Now there are coffee carts on every corner of every town in American...you can't escape! My wallet has more coffee punch cards in it than credit cards and identification...that's insane!! All the employees at the coffee shops/carts in town know me by my first name, they know I'm addicted!..not good. I start my morning with a cup of coffee at home reading the paper, then usually stop at the espresso stand conveniently located down the street directly on my way to school, then have another cup or two after I get to the office. So by about 11am...I'm a buzz.. I am addicted...no doubt about it..but I will cut back...I will...by the first of the year....oopss I mean Oct. 1st..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ewww...coffee. I drink tea...too much tea. English tea. I bought Mom some sachets of PG Tips...one of the best.

Now...lets get on to a real subject. How'd the football game go today, eh?

Go Ducks.