Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Time for HOT rocks . . .

Ok....I don't do it often, but the time has come. It's time to completely spoil myself, spend money on something that is a complete indulgence. What might that be?? Well, for me it is a "Tualatin River Stone Massage"...aaaahhhhhh. Smooth river rocks warmed to exactly the right temperature and gently but firmly rubbed on my aching neck, shoulders and back. There is nothing that feels more like ascending into heaven (I think). The place that this all happens is at Ruby's Spa in the McMenamin's Grand Lodge. You enter the spa and wait in a dimly lit waiting area while you either sip on iced lemon water, tea or wine. Then you enter the massage room which is even more soothing with gentle music playing and warm towels to lay your weary bones on as the massage therapist begins the magic. Seems as I have attempted to age gracefully (sortof) that my neck and shoulders haven't. Too many years of that repetitive computer data entry, I think. I try to sit right, have my keyboard "ergonomically" correct, but to no avail after pounding the computer day in and day out, a sore neck and shoulder is a constant. SO..this weekend I will visit my little piece of heaven. aaahhhhhh.....
http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=59&id=68#null

No comments: